The United Nations Development Programme offers specialised procurement training and certification to staff from the UN system, non-governmental organisations, international development financing institutions and their borrowers, and governments.
UNDP/CIPS Cooperation on Procurement Certification
UNDP procurement certification courses are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) assuring compliance with high international qualification standards as well as offering participants access to a world-wide community of procurement professionals.
UNDP/CIPS Partnership Recognized as World Leader in Training and Professional Development
UNDP and CIPS has been awarded the prestigious European Supply Chain Excellence Award 2012/2013 in recognition of the joint Procurement Training and Certification Programme and its success in professionalizing the UN and public procurement sector. Winning the Award is a ground –breaking accomplishment and it identifies the UNDP/CIPS Partnership as the standard bearer for procurement training and professional development in the humanitarian sector.
Standard Procurement Training Courses
UNDP offers the following procurement training and professionalization courses on a regular basis:
- Introductory Certificate in Public Procurement – CIPS Accredited, Level 2
- Advanced Certificate in Public Procurement – CIPS Accredited, Level 3
- Strategic Diploma in Public Procurement, CIPS Accredited Level 4
- Procurement Strategy Development
- Contract and Supplier Relations Management
- Supply Chain Management in Humanitarian Organisations
- Risk Management in Contracting for Construction Services
- Effective Negotiations in Projects and Procurement
- Certificado en Adquisiciones Públicas – Acreditado por el CIPS, Nevel 2
- Contracting & Management of Individual Contractors
- Incoterms 2010 - How to use International Commercial Terms in Procurement
- Effective Programme and Procurement Teamwork
- Introduction to Sustainable Public Procurement
- Anti-Corruption and Ethics in Procurement
The courses are offered on a recurring basis at the following locations: Bangkok, New Delhi, Dubai, Nairobi, Abuja, Rome, Vienna, Copenhagen, New York, Washington DC, and Panama (delivered in Spanish).
Tailor-made Procurement Training Courses
All training courses can be delivered at your preferred location and time on cost recovery basis. This is often the most cost-efficient way to train a larger group of staff/counterparts. Tailor-made courses can contain modules from any of our standard courses and/or feature completely new developed modules addressing specific requirements, challenges and opportunities facing your organization. Please contact email@example.com for specific options.
All courses employ modern adult participatory learning methods. Each training module commences with an overview of the rules, policies, best practises and/or theory of the subject in question, and is then followed by case studies, group discussion and exercises. This creates a forum for participants to apply theory and methods to cases and to foster productive knowledge sharing.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org