Public Procurement Reform Implementation
|Dates and venues:||26 Feb - 01 Mar. 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand|
|Course registration:||Click here|
|Course registration information|
Participants are responsible for cost of own airfare and hotel accommodations.
|Registration deadline:||26 Jan. 2019|
|Visa and travelling information|
|The course venue is:|
Potential participants may include but are not limited to:
• Development organisations involved in public procurement reform;
Participants will gain a thorough understanding of the following capabilities:
How to enhance public procurement systems and their workings?
• Identify the nature of various procurement systems including policy objectives, legislative and regulatory frameworks and their practice implications.
How to provide evidence based policy development and practice transformation?
• Explain the concept of evidence based policy and practice development
What is stakeholder identification and engagement?
• Identify the stakeholders in the various aspects of public procurement systems
• How to engage various stakeholders in opportunity realization or problem resolution
• Sustaining stakeholder motivation and engagement in policy processes and system transformations
|Topics to be covered|
Day 1: Public procurement systems and their workings
Information is provided on how participants may:
• Access the online assistance of the UNDP Public Procurement Reform Advisor;
Marco Soested has been a tutor on UNDP's training courses for several years and has conducted standard and tailor-made courses for UN system organisations, Governments, and IFI's around the world the last 10 years.