Effective Programme and Procurement Teamwork
The aim of this course is to provide participants with:
- A clear understanding of the principles of effective logistical arrangements and to understand methods of mitigating risks and to optimize the organisation’s logistical activities
- The capability to identify the optimal approach to handling procurement activities in the context of project implementation and deliver significant value to programmatic outcomes and delivery.
- An understanding of when is makes sense to have a strong team approach to securing goods and services and ultimately, delivery and results.
- Knowledge of immediate relevance to Programme staff and Managers, including integrated planning, development of specifications & TOR, development of Evaluation criteria, Evaluation of bids and proposals, and contract management.
This course is designed for those working in Programme or Procurement and Managers interested in gaining a overview of the UNDP Project and Procurement cycles, respective roles and responsibilities and interaction points and collaboration to achieve programmatic results, how to develop or review Specifications/TORs and evaluation criteria, how to undertake evaluation of bids and proposals, and key contract management skills. The focus of the course is how on the delivery of results and specifically, it is relevant to those working a Management, Programme or Procurement role and who are either new to the work or have worked in the function for some time, but have not previously undertaken formal training.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key steps in the Programme and Procurement Cycles
- Understand where in the Cycles interaction occurs
- Know about key considerations for effective planning
- Be able to draft a requisition plan
- Be able to provide input to a procurement plan
- Know about commercial risk assessment and management
- Write specifications and terms of reference
- Evaluate bids and proposals
- Use contract management terms
- Monitor performance
- Improving and measure the contribution of Procurement to Programmatic results
Topics to be covered:
- Project cycle vs. Procurement cycle
- Interaction points and roles and responsibilities
- Procurement Principles, ethics and fraud
- Integrated planning and budgeting
- Portfolio approach
- Risk assessment and management
- Writing specifications and terms of reference
- Evaluating bids and proposals
- Contract management and Performance monitoring
$1275 USD per participant