Supply Chain Management in Humanitarian Organisations
The aim of this course is to provide participants with:
• A clear understanding of the principles of effective logistical arrangements and to understand methods of mitigating risks and to optimise the organisation’s logistical activities
• The capability to plan, implement and evaluate a logistical exercise appropriate to the value/risk of the goods being transported
This course is designed for those working in the public sector interested in gaining a com-prehensive overview of appropriate logistical arrangements, documentation and Incoterms. Specifically, it is relevant to those new to the procurement function or logistics, or those who have worked in the function for sometime, but have not previously undertaken formal training.
By the end of the programme, participants will:
• Be able to describe the principles of logistics and determine the appropriate logistical arrangements for a range of requirements
• Understand the need for insurance and the types of coverage available
• Understand the pros and cons of different Incoterms and the appropriate use of Incoterms
• Know about loss prevention, means and actions to put in place to minimise or prevent loss
• Know about customs procedures and documentation and the most common documents required for export/import
• Be able to decide on methods of shipment depending on various factors
• Understand the functions of the Air Waybill (AWB) and Bill of Lading (B/L)
Topics to be covered:
Principles of logistics and supply chain management
Logistics goal and objectives
Modes of transportation
Freight forwarding arrangements
The role of the freight Forwarder
Purpose of shipping documents
Incoterms 2010 and their appropriate use
Packing and marking
Customs clearance procedures and documentation
Need for insurance and different types of coverage
Warehouse and Inventory Management
On-site facility tour
The course is designed to be highly interactive with an appropriate mix of theory and group work. Participants will further be working on challenging hands-on case studies and exercises.
"I enjoyed it very much, the programme of the course covered the most of what I had expected"
"I would recommend this course to all staff dealing with shipments, customs and logistics. Highly recommend to traffic logistics UN staff"
"I like the fact that it covered very practical issues that are faced by logistics/procurement staff on a daily basis"
$1475 USD per participant